Starting November 2, 2020, the state of Ohio, working with local Community Action Agencies, will help eligible Ohioans who are behind on rent, mortgage, and water and/or sewer utility bills catch up on past payments back to April 1, 2020 and provide additional assistance through December 30, 2020.
Ohioans will be able to apply for assistance through their local Community Action Agency starting November 2, 2020. A list of local Community Action Agencies can be found at the bottom of this page.
Ohio households with an annual income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines will be eligible for assistance. Here is the annual income by household size.
|Size of Household||Total Household Income 12 Months|
|1||up to $25,520|
|2||up to $34,480|
|3||up to $43,440|
|4||up to $52,400|
|5||up to $61,360|
|6||up to $70,320|
|7||up to $79,280|
|8||up to $88,240|
For households with more than eight (8) members, add $8,960 for each additional member.
When applying for assistance, Ohioans will need to provide the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Current or Previous address
- Copies of Social Security cards, or verification for each household member
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older for a minimum of the past 30 days
- For seasonal or self-employed individuals, please provide proof of income for 12 months
- Any supporting documentation to demonstrate need
- Hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Individuals that are currently unemployed will only need to provide 30 days of income for verification purposes. Additionally, any federal unemployment stipend is excluded from determining a household’s benefit.
To receive Rental Assistance, they will also need to provide:
- Eviction or past due rent notice. Notice should include total amount due (including fees)
- If moving to a new location, justification for the move (i.e. currently homeless, living with another family and not sufficient space etc.)
- Landlord contact information and lease agreement
To receive Mortgage Assistance, they will also need to provide:
- Notice of late mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance)
To receive Utility Assistance, they will also need to provide:
- Copy of utility bill demonstrating the account has been shut off, is in disconnect status or is past due
Contact Ohio Heartland Community Action Commission for assistance.
Service Area: Crawford, Marion, Morrow Counties
Ohio Heartland Community Action Commission
372 E. Center Street
P.O. Box 779
Marion, Ohio 43302